Exploring Mixed Media (Library) - Shirley Pando
(Exploring Mixed Media (LIB))
Exploring Mixed Media
Mixed Media - A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition. (American Heritage Dictionary)
Do you swoon over mixed media works of art with all the intricate details? Do you love a multitude of crafts and want to merge them all together in your art? Ever wanted to try your hand at mixed media but don't know where to start?
Join me for this 4-lesson class to learn the basics of mixed media and collage, working with fabric, and the principles of design. Become familiar with mixed media terms, tools, and several techniques each week to get started creating with various media. In this class you will create the following projects:
- Lesson 1: Fabric collage
- Lesson 2: Paper collage on canvas
- Lesson 3: Painting fabric with unusual materials and printing photos on fabric
- Lesson 4: Recycle crafting with corrugated cardboard collage
We'll be using (optional) machine and hand stitching on some of the projects. I will present projects using the techniques discussed and will give full instructions on how I made my pieces, but get ready to create your own gorgeous works of art!
Library Class Info:
All library classes are 'retired' workshops that are offered at a reduced rate. Due to the reduced course fee, Library classes are different from our traditional workshops in several ways:
- In Library classes, all course materials are visible upon registration and students can work at their own pace.
- In Library classes there are no forums or galleries, but students may contact the instructor via email with any questions.
- Students will have 90 days in this classroom. After that time you will be automatically unenrolled.
- Since all course content is available immediately after enrollment, refunds will be issued only in limited situations. Any refund will be determined by My Creative Classroom. If you need additional time inside the classroom please contact us at email@example.com and we will grant you an extension.
- Supply lists are provide for each library class, but we cannot guarantee the availability of those supplies.
|Enrollment Length||90 days from enrollment. Students will receive an email reminder 3 days before they are unenrolled.|
|Supply List||Click here to download the supply list.|
|Skill Level/Prerequisites ||Beginner, but all levels welcome!|
|Classroom Includes||This class includes instructional slide shows, downloadable PDF tutorials, forums, and student gallery. If you have any questions regarding your ability to view course materials, please see our FAQ's.|