The Slice: Basics & Beyond (Foundation)- Linda Dotterer
(The Slice: Basics & Beyond (FND) )
The Slice: Basics & Beyond
The Slice: Basics and Beyond is a 5 week class designed to help Slice owners become comfortable with their machines. Students will create projects using the different features of the Slice, using the different embossing and drawing tips and cutting different materials.
- Week 1: Basic Projects using Normal, Mirror, Shadow and Layer.
- Week 2: Cutting Techniques.
- Making the most of you paper while cutting
- Using the negative space of a die cut
- Cutting shapes within other shapes
- Creating a window card
- Week 3: Embossing tips.
- How to emboss a 12 inch border for a layout.
- Embossing metal.
- Embossing with Mirror and Shadow.
- A cutting technique to cut out shapes embossed with a non MS+ card. Also shown is how to do this with the drawing tips.
- Week 4: Drawing tips, pen and marker.
- An introduction project for using each tip.
- A technique using the pen tip to create a template.
- A stamping technique using the marker tip.
- Using the markers on a transparency.
- Week 5: Cutting beyond paper.
- An applique project with fabric.
- Cutting shrink plastic, vinyl, and foam sheets.
Please Note: "The Slice: Basics and Beyond" is a MCC foundation course. Foundation courses open before the semester begins and all content is available immediately upon enrollment. We encourage you to progress through the class one lesson at a time. All content, forums and student gallery will remain open until May 17th. Students will then be moved to the Extended Enrollment classroom, where you will continue to have access to presentations and tutorials.
"Very good course and teacher - she covered a lot!"~Connie, MCC student
|Enrollment Ends||May 3, 2013|
|Supply List||Click here to download the supply list.|
|Skill Level/Prerequisites ||Beginner, but all levels are welcome!|
|Classroom Includes||This class includes instructional slide shows, downloadable PDF tutorials, forums, and student gallery. If you have any questions regarding your ability to view course materials, please see our FAQ's.|
|Other Information||NOTE: Students will have access to the instructor-led classroom until May 17, 2013. After that time, students will be placed in Extended Enrollment classroom.|
- Teacher: Linda Dotterer, MCC Faculty