Crafting a Handmade Business on Etsy -Jennifer Priest
During this 5 lesson course we will cover everything from choosing a shop name to having a grand opening. We will cover the material in a straight-forward way to help you take focused action to get your shop on the road to success. Similar courses online cost hundreds of dollars and require months of instruction. I have streamlined the process and distilled it down to what I have found to be most important and beneficial during my experience as an Etsy shop owner since 2007.
I will share my story with you, tips and tricks I have learned along the way, and how to stay motivated through tough times. By the end of the course, you should be open for business and ready to make your first sale!
- Lesson One: What Do You Love to Make? Choose a Name, a Theme for the shop, create a graphic for the shop.
- Lesson Two: Setting Up Shop. Set policies, add the headers, set up shipping profiles, link to Paypal. Managing the Business Side - Taxes, Business Licenses, keeping track of money, customer service, how to use etsy's billing system.(Information contained in this class is meant for instruction only. It is not meant to take the place of counsel from a CPA or lawyer.)
- Lesson Three: Creating items, photographs, figuring out what to charge, how to package items, where to get shipping supplies.
- Lesson Four: Marketing - where, when, how, and why?
- Lesson Five:Go "live" and get your first sale -- this week will include a blog hop or cross promo activity with all of the students who choose to participate.
|Length|| 5 Lessons|
|Supply List||Click here to download the supply list.|
|Classroom Includes||This class includes instructional slide shows, downloadable PDF tutorials, forums, and student gallery. If you have any questions regarding your ability to view course materials, please see our FAQ's.|
|Other Information||This is an self-paced workshop. All content is available immediately upon enrollment. Students have unlimited access to the classroom while class is active on our site.|
- Teacher: Jennifer Priest, MCC Faculty