Photo Embroidery (May 7th) with Rachel Smith
Let's recreate your favorite photo into raised embroidery! We'll use raised embroidery to recreate a quirky 3d version of your favourite photograph. Raised embroidery is a fun and creative form of embroidery. With a little imagination and a few basic sewing skills we will make a small recreation which can then be framed for display. This would make a great gift for someone and is a lovely way to give someone a different picture of your children, grandchildren or even yourself and it is bound to turn into a family heirloom.
In the lessons we will learn the basics of raised embroidery, how to interpret a picture and some new embroidery stitches. You don't need any drawing skills just some basic hand stitching skills.
- Lesson 1: Choose a suitable photo, making adjustments and begin making the figure.
- Lesson 2: Choose the background and learn a few different techniques such as XYZ embroidery stitches and fun techniques such as applique.We will also briefly talk about using a machine to embroider.
- Lesson 3: Create clothing for the figures using fabric, lace, ETC. and more hand stitches.
- Lesson 4: Add all the finishing touches. Hair, face, hands and finishing off ready to frame.
You don't have to use your own photo you can use mine if you just want to learn and then take what you have learnt on to your own photo
The finishing size of the project will be the size of your photo or slightly larger if your photo is very small. So it is a small project that can be done anywhere.
It is good fun making your lived ones into embroidery! So let you imagination go.
|Start Date||Tuesday, May 7th|
|Enrollment Ends||Friday, May 17th|
|Supply List||Click here to download the supply list.|
|Classroom Includes||This class includes instructional slide shows, downloadable PDF tutorials, forums, and student gallery. If you have any questions regarding your ability to view course materials, please see our FAQ's.|
|Other Information||NOTE: Students will have access to the instructor-led classroom for a total of 7 weeks from the class start date. After that time, students will be placed in the Extended Enrollment classroom.|
- Teacher: Rachel Smith, MCC Faculty