Rubber Stamping 101: Back to the Basics (April 25th) - Glenda Waterworth
(RS-Back to the Basics-Spring)
Rubber Stamping 101: Back to Basics
As this class is designed for complete beginners, the supply list may seem huge and even overwhelming at first, so it is something we will be covering in the very first lesson. It is easy to rush out and impulse buy a whole lot of stamping stash, but if nothing else, I hope this class gives you a better insight into what type of stamper you are and helps you decide what product is a good investment for you.
- Week 1: Before you rush out and purchase a gazillion inkpads, we will run through some exercises to test out the ones you have already and I will give you a recommendations on what you should have in your basic stampers kit. We will also talk about paper and cardstock, how to get a perfect stamped impression every time and how to care for
- In week 2 we look at some basic background techniques such as sponging, stippling and spritzing, as well as some fun stuff like Direct to Paper and basic brayering.
- Week 3 is dedicated to one key inkpad - versatile Versamark and all the lovely techniques you can do with it, including heat embossing and resist techniques.
- In week 4 we get the paintbrushes out and look at various watercolour techniques using paints, markers, pencils and inkpads.
- Finally in week 5 we re-visit the brayering and learn more about the effects that you can get with this wonderful tool.
- Each week there will be activities for you to try out yourself which you can share with fellow students in the classroom gallery.
I've loved every minute of the course....I have downloaded the files to complete at a later date. Glenda's teaching method is wonderful and very easy to follow, in the video format and PDF.I found the course enjoyable. The use of video is excellent, its so much easier to see someone do a technique than just read about it. Overall, very impressed with online classes and I would like to do more in the future.
|Start Date||April 25th|
|Enrollment Ends||May 3rd|
|Supply List||Click here to download the supply list.|
|Classroom Includes||This class includes instructional slide shows, downloadable PDF tutorials, forums, and student gallery. If you have any questions regarding your ability to view course materials, please see our FAQ's.|
|Other Information||NOTE: Students will have access to the instructor-led classroom for a total of 8 weeks from the class start date. After that time, students will be placed in the Extended Enrollment classroom.|